Sunday, September 2, 2018

My health before and after

Before I changed my diet I was plagued with numerous health issues including GERD, increasing blood pressure, increasing blood sugar, hip and back joint pains, fatigue and low stamina, episodes of chest pain, low mood, anxiety, weight gain and more. I felt like I was living in a old body. The symptoms were so subtle that overtime I just accepted these symptoms to be normal. 

I considered myself to eat a "Healthy" diet and I did in comparison to a lot of other people I know.  I also walked on the treadmill 30 minutes per day 5 x per week, which is the "recommended" minimum.  Yet I just always felt like I was struggling to get through most days. 

Within DAYS of changing to a plant based diet, many of my symptoms cleared up. With the increased energy, I went from walking to running. Running felt freeing and pleasurable - something I had never felt before. As time went on, I noticed my joints were painless, my GERD cleared up, I was better able to handle stresses/anxiety, and I started to lose weight slowly and steadily. After several months, I went for bloodwork and to my surprise, ALL my numbers had improved. 

My new "prescription" for health is eating plant-based 3X per day and daily running and strength training. This is a lifestyle change and creating daily habits keeps me going strong. The payoff is feeling good, feeling healthy and thriving. And it's worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment